State of the North is an annual conference that brings together decision makers, community leaders, experts and innovators to explore the state of Northern Ontario from an economic, social, and environmental perspective. Each year, Northern Policy Institute will provide an annual update on the State of the North by offering updates on a set of environmental, social and economic indicators that we will define and select in partnership with our communities. It’s time to take what we have learned and step forward into solution based discussions.
The 2019 conference will take place in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, September 25-26. The theme is ‘Future North’.
This conference will explore how northern leaders from across the province, economic experts and northern communities can come together to find ways to grow and strengthen our northern communities.
Guests are responsible for making their own individual reservations. Bookings should be directly with the hotel until September 25, 2019. The hotel number is (705) 759-8200.
Please identify as being with the group block name Northern Policy Attendees to ensure you receive our group rate.
Guests will need to provide a valid Credit Card number upon booking. Anyone who wishes to cancel must do so forty-eight (48) hours prior to the date of arrival or the full guestroom charge will be billed to their Credit Card.
Wish to be a sponsor at the State of the North conference?
State of the North welcomes organizations who are interested in an opportunity to showcase their business to an audience of over 200 of the north’s most influential people. Invest now and receive year round returns.
- Showcase your brand to experts and decision makers across the entire North
- Identify expansion opportunities for your business
- Strengthen your position as a leader in the North
- Networking opportunities across public and private sectors
- Unique face-to-face experience interacting with your consumers
- Break into niche markets that exist within Northern Ontario
- Expand your market reach through social media advertising and live streaming
- Opportunity to partner with Northern Ontario’s only public policy institute