The application period for our 2020 Summer Placement Program is OPEN!
Experience North will normally receive some partial funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants should be aware of the eligibility requirements for that program when applying for Experience North:
To be eligible for Canada Summer Jobs Funding, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The program’s broader objectives as part of the Youth Employment Strategy are to improve the labour market participation of Canadian youth.
*International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. As the objective of the CSJ program is to support youth entering the Canadian labour market, the temporary nature of an international student’s time in Canada does not allow for a long-term connection to the labour market.
Available Offers 2020:
Experience North 2019 Interns
Thank You to our Sponsors
Join some of our past Northern Policy Institute summer placements
who have worked throughout Northern Ontario
"Interns are project-focused and given the freedom to really dig into their topics. Not only do you finish the experience with published pieces, but also with many community connections you make along the way."
– Hilary Hagar (Sudbury)
"If you are looking for a summer job that will allow you to enjoy everything Northern Ontario has to offer while developing research and analytical skills, then NPI is for you! "
– Gabbi Rabaa and Jessica Bevilacqua (Kenora)
"It was an enriching experience to learn about the challenges in Northern Ontario and all the various organizations that we were previously unaware of that are working hard to meet those challenges and improve the community we love. "
– Maia Kvas and Irina Chen (Timmins)
How do you build capacity?
Experience North Through the Years