The 2020 conference will take place in Thunder Bay, Ontario, September 17, 2020.
State of the North is an annual conference that explores how northern leaders and policy experts can come together to find ways to grow and strengthen our Northern communities. This is a chance for you to share your ideas with NPI. The panelists and speakers will get your creative juices flowing for table discussions where you will have a chance to explore your own ideas along with other attendees. It’s time to take what we have learned and step forward into solution based discussions.
2020's theme is ‘Advantage North’.
2020 will be all about the Northern Advantage. Attendees and expert panelists will be asked to wrestle with the question of how can we maximize the comparative advantages of Northern Ontario? Is the Northern cost of living comparable to other places in Canada? How can we continue to build capacity for a strong Indigenous economy? We will explore what are the new realities that will change the face of our region in the future, and create opportunities.
Wish to be a sponsor at the State of the North conference?
State of the North welcomes organizations who are interested in an opportunity to showcase their business to an audience of over 200 of the north’s most influential people. Invest now and receive year round returns.
- Showcase your brand to experts and decision makers across the entire North
- Identify expansion opportunities for your business
- Strengthen your position as a leader in the North
- Networking opportunities across public and private sectors
- Unique face-to-face experience interacting with your consumers
- Break into niche markets that exist within Northern Ontario
- Expand your market reach through social media advertising and live streaming
- Opportunity to partner with Northern Ontario’s only public policy institute