Northern Attraction Series
Northern Attractions Series
No. 4: Thinking Local: Best practices and Solutions for Northern Ontario Communities
July 11, 2019 | Christina Zefi
Throughout the Northern Attraction Series, the goal has been to develop a Northern Newcomer Strategy that government, employers, service providers, residents and more can look to when discussing how Northern Ontario can attract and retain newcomers. As the final piece to this Strategy, the author explores best practices that northern communities can adopt to facilitate this newcomer process and mitigate the demographic concerns Ontario’s northern regions are experiencing.
Continue Reading Read the release
- The Northern Attraction Series: Exploring the Need for a Northern Newcomer Strategy
- The Northern Attraction Series Identifying Northern Ontario’s Strengths and Weaknesses in the Attraction and Retention of Newcomers
- The Northern Attraction Series: Evaluating the Suitability of Provincial and Federal Immigration Programs for Northern Ontario
In the Media
- July 11, 2019 - Ontario News North - Northern Policy Institue’s Proposed Strategies & Solutions to Attract Newcomers to the North
- July 11, 2019 - NetNewsLedger - Northern Policy Institute’s Northern Attraction Series proposes strategies and solutions to attract Newcomers to the North
- July 15, 2019 - CBC - How can northern Ontario attract more newcomers?
- July 17, 2019 - Fort Frances Times - NPI proposes ways to attract newcomers
- July 25, 2019 - The Sudbury Star - Northern cities need to attract newcomers, new report says