Disconnected: What happens when you CAN'T work from home during a pandemic ?
April 16, 2020 | Sean Rosairo
On the 11th of March the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 as a pandemic (Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 11 March 2020) and the Federal and Provincial governments across the country urged Canadians to take up physical distancing to slow the spread of the virus. Students were encouraged to study from home if they can, with coursework scheduled to continue online (CBC News 2020), while employers and other leaders encouraged individuals to work and stay at home if possible (Tumilty 2020).
In the Media
- Travailler de la maison…pas possible pour tout le monde
- Slow/Limited Access To Internet Hurting The North
- Plugging into Potential: How Broadband Availability Can Play a Role in Attracting Newcomers
- Connecting Our Communities: the Comparative Costs of Highway Construction
- Actions to move Northern Ontario forward: Response to the Draft 2041 NOMTS (series)