Northern Projections: Human Capital Series - Parry Sound District
March 30, 2017 | James Cuddy & Dr. Bakhtiar Moazzami
Northern Policy Institute, in partnership with the Northern Ontario Workforce Planning Boards, has released the sixth report of their joint effort; Northern Projections: Human Capital Series. The report, authored by James Cuddy and Bakhtiar Moazzami, focuses on the Parry Sound District, proposing secondary migration from the Greater Toronto Area as a solution to slow-growth population numbers.
The report offers three key recommendations to promote the long-term sustainability of the district:
1. Work to build Parry Sound District as a centre for Francophone success in Northern Ontario.
2. Market the district of Parry Sound as a desirable destination for secondary migration in Ontario.
3. Continue to build on Indigenous partnerships.
Do not miss out on a Research Report. Subscribe to our updates here!
- It's What You Know (And Where You Can Go): Human Capital and Agglomeration Effects on Demographic Trends in Northern Ontario
- From Laggard to Leader (Almost): Northeast Showing Potential for Growth
- Show Me the Money: Some Positive Income Trends in Northern Ontario
- Northern Projections: Human Capital Series - Greater Sudbury