Northern Projections: Human Capital Series - Manitoulin District
May 25, 2017 | James Cuddy & Dr. Bakhtiar Moazzami
The latest report from the Northern Projections: Human Capital Series recommends the Manitoulin District examine opportunities that can be found within a growing Indigenous population, which is expected to increase from 5,408 in 2013 to 7,192 in 2041. At the same time, the report shows the human capital composition – the level of knowledge and skills that affect productivity - of the total working-age population in the District is below that in Northeastern Ontario, and the province as a whole.
The report offers three key recommendations to promote the long-term sustainability of the Sudbury District:
1. Respond to the needs of the Indigenous population.
2. Address the educational needs of men and re-engage them in the workforce.
3. High school education is not enough.
Continue Reading → Read the Release
Do not miss out on a Research Report. Subscribe to our updates here!
- It's What You Know (And Where You Can Go): Human Capital and Agglomeration Effects on Demographic Trends in Northern Ontario
- From Laggard to Leader (Almost): Northeast Showing Potential for Growth
- Show Me the Money: Some Positive Income Trends in Northern Ontario
- Northern Projections: Human Capital Series - Sudbury District