Places to Grow
Places to Grow: Best Practices for Community-based Regional Economic Development in Ontario's North
May 24, 2018 | Jamie McIntyre
In 2015, Northern Policy Institute (NPI) set out to conduct research on the status of economic development in Northern Ontario. This research consisted of interviews conducted over a four-month period with economic development professionals in First Nations and non-First Nations communities. The goal was to discuss the status of their local economy and identify opportunities to influence policy. In total, 72 conversations were held, resulting in a greater understanding of how First Nations and municipalities are faring socially and economically.
Continue Reading → Read the Release
- May 25, 2018 - My West Nipissing Now - Northern Economic Development Tackled By Think Tank
- May 25, 2018 - My North Bay Now - Economic Development Tackled by Think Tank
- May 25, 2018 - The Sudbury Star - Work Together, new study urges North
- May 24, 2018 - The Sault Star - Success is what happens when communities work together
- Lessons from the Yukon for Northern Ontario? First Nations, Tourism and Regional Economic Development by Justin Ferbey
- Economic Zones of Northern Ontario: City-Regions and Industrial Corridors by Charles Conteh
- FedNor: It's just got to be free. Toward More Strategic and Collaborative Governanc eof Regional Economic Development in Northern Ontario by Charles Conteh
- Tribal Council Participation: An Opportunity for FONOM & NOMA?